01 August 2015 @ 12:00 pm






[livejournal.com profile] runthecon is open for business!

If you would like to participate in the first round, please comment right here and you will be added to the list of writers.

Sign ups will close on August 31 whenever I go to sleep *g* (I'm in Europe, so closing time will probably be late afternoon Eastern Time). The first writer will be tagged on September 1.



If you have any questions about how this writing challenge works and/or what the rules are, please have a look at our Rules & FAQ section.

If you want to signal boost the comm in your own journal, you can find the perfect banner for it right here.



Let's run the con!
 
 
( Post a new comment )
elrhiarhodan[personal profile] elrhiarhodan on August 1st, 2015 10:14 am (UTC)
I'm in!!!
(Reply) (Thread) (Link)
sinfulslasher: neal running[personal profile] sinfulslasher on August 1st, 2015 10:17 am (UTC)
Yay! Our first victim participant! :D
(Reply) (Parent) (Thread) (Link)
(no subject) - [personal profile] elrhiarhodan on August 1st, 2015 10:22 am (UTC)
(no subject) - [personal profile] sinfulslasher on August 1st, 2015 10:24 am (UTC)
(no subject) - [personal profile] elrhiarhodan on August 1st, 2015 10:36 am (UTC)
(no subject) - [personal profile] sinfulslasher on August 1st, 2015 10:41 am (UTC)
sinfulslasher: fanficwriter[personal profile] sinfulslasher on August 1st, 2015 10:20 am (UTC)
Guess I'd better sign up, too. *g*
(Reply) (Thread) (Link)
sinfulslasher: neal running[personal profile] sinfulslasher on August 1st, 2015 10:20 am (UTC)
And channeling my inner [livejournal.com profile] elrhiarhodan, I am confirming my own sign up.
(Reply) (Parent) (Thread) (Link)
(no subject) - [personal profile] elrhiarhodan on August 1st, 2015 10:23 am (UTC)
(no subject) - [personal profile] sinfulslasher on August 1st, 2015 10:33 am (UTC)
(no subject) - [personal profile] elrhiarhodan on August 1st, 2015 10:35 am (UTC)
(no subject) - [personal profile] sinfulslasher on August 1st, 2015 10:39 am (UTC)
cookiegirl: Pusheen - writing[personal profile] cookiegirl on August 1st, 2015 01:19 pm (UTC)
Me! I try! :D
(Reply) (Thread) (Link)
sinfulslasher: neal running[personal profile] sinfulslasher on August 1st, 2015 02:18 pm (UTC)
Yay!!! Welcome and happy writing. :D
(Reply) (Parent) (Link)
(no subject) - [personal profile] elrhiarhodan on August 1st, 2015 10:28 pm (UTC)
[identity profile] riverotter1951.livejournal.com on August 1st, 2015 02:13 pm (UTC)
Count me in.
(Reply) (Thread) (Link)
sinfulslasher: neal running[personal profile] sinfulslasher on August 1st, 2015 02:19 pm (UTC)
Awesome! :)
(Reply) (Parent) (Link)
(no subject) - [personal profile] elrhiarhodan on August 1st, 2015 10:28 pm (UTC)
[identity profile] sheenianni.livejournal.com on August 1st, 2015 03:48 pm (UTC)
I'm in :)
(Reply) (Thread) (Link)
sinfulslasher: neal approves[personal profile] sinfulslasher on August 1st, 2015 04:00 pm (UTC)
Duly noted! :)
(Reply) (Parent) (Link)
(no subject) - [personal profile] elrhiarhodan on August 1st, 2015 10:29 pm (UTC)
vexed_wench: FMA - Pocket Watch & Roses[personal profile] vexed_wench on August 1st, 2015 04:26 pm (UTC)
This looks like fun! I would love to join.
(Reply) (Thread) (Link)
elrhiarhodan[personal profile] elrhiarhodan on August 1st, 2015 10:29 pm (UTC)
Sign up noted and welcome aboard!

We've fixed the comm and you can now join it (please do).

(Reply) (Parent) (Thread) (Link)
(no subject) - [personal profile] vexed_wench on August 2nd, 2015 12:29 am (UTC)
(no subject) - [personal profile] elrhiarhodan on August 2nd, 2015 12:31 am (UTC)
(no subject) - [personal profile] vexed_wench on August 2nd, 2015 12:36 am (UTC)
(no subject) - [personal profile] elrhiarhodan on August 2nd, 2015 12:38 am (UTC)
(no subject) - [personal profile] vexed_wench on August 2nd, 2015 12:39 am (UTC)
(no subject) - [personal profile] elrhiarhodan on August 2nd, 2015 12:42 am (UTC)
(no subject) - [personal profile] vexed_wench on August 2nd, 2015 12:43 am (UTC)
(no subject) - [personal profile] elrhiarhodan on August 2nd, 2015 12:45 am (UTC)
[identity profile] pooh-collector.livejournal.com on August 1st, 2015 06:38 pm (UTC)
I'm probably dumb as post for attempting anything with such tight deadlines, but I'll give it a go.
(Reply) (Thread) (Link)
elrhiarhodan[personal profile] elrhiarhodan on August 1st, 2015 10:29 pm (UTC)
Welcome, my fuzzy bear. You'll do fine.
(Reply) (Parent) (Link)
[identity profile] pooh-collector.livejournal.com on August 1st, 2015 06:42 pm (UTC)
And can some lovely modly person give me the okilidokily to join the com?

Thanks!
(Reply) (Thread) (Link)
elrhiarhodan[personal profile] elrhiarhodan on August 1st, 2015 10:30 pm (UTC)
Thanks for letting us know - we hadn't realized that the comm had been set to closed membership. You can now join.
(Reply) (Parent) (Link)
theatregirl7299[personal profile] theatregirl7299 on August 1st, 2015 10:34 pm (UTC)
Um - and maybe the other Mod should join.

Actually - can't wait. This was one of my favorite challenges....
(Reply) (Thread) (Link)
sinfulslasher: neal running[personal profile] sinfulslasher on August 2nd, 2015 07:25 am (UTC)
Hee! Good decision. *g*

Welcome abroad! I missed this too.
(Reply) (Parent) (Link)
[identity profile] sandy79.livejournal.com on August 2nd, 2015 12:48 am (UTC)
I might regret it (cause of the deadline), but count me in!
(Reply) (Thread) (Link)
sinfulslasher: neal running[personal profile] sinfulslasher on August 2nd, 2015 07:26 am (UTC)
The deadline is half the fun, trust me. *g*

Welcome abroad!
(Reply) (Parent) (Link)
[personal profile] nywcgirl on August 2nd, 2015 06:20 am (UTC)
I want to play, please sign me up.
(Reply) (Thread) (Link)
sinfulslasher: neal running[personal profile] sinfulslasher on August 2nd, 2015 07:26 am (UTC)
You're on our list of participants! Welcome! :)
(Reply) (Parent) (Link)
[identity profile] tjs-whatnot.livejournal.com on August 2nd, 2015 05:11 pm (UTC)
Me! Me! Me!
(Reply) (Thread) (Link)
sinfulslasher: white collar mozzie animated[personal profile] sinfulslasher on August 2nd, 2015 05:54 pm (UTC)
You! You! You! Are on the list of participants. :)
(Reply) (Parent) (Link)
[identity profile] guineamania.livejournal.com on August 9th, 2015 08:18 pm (UTC)
I must be crazy but why not :)
Count me in!
(Reply) (Thread) (Link)
sinfulslasher: fanficwriter[personal profile] sinfulslasher on August 9th, 2015 08:23 pm (UTC)
Not crazy - courageous and adventurous! *g*

Thanks for signing up!
(Reply) (Parent) (Thread) (Link)
(no subject) - [identity profile] guineamania.livejournal.com on August 10th, 2015 08:30 am (UTC)
[identity profile] pipilj.livejournal.com on August 15th, 2015 07:41 am (UTC)
Not sure if I can make it would like to try.
(Reply) (Thread) (Link)
sinfulslasher: neal approves[personal profile] sinfulslasher on August 15th, 2015 08:45 pm (UTC)
Yay! Trust me, you'll be amazed how much you can accomplish in only 24 hours. :)
(Reply) (Parent) (Link)
[identity profile] citrinesunset.livejournal.com on August 16th, 2015 06:10 pm (UTC)
I'm in!
(Reply) (Thread) (Link)
sinfulslasher: neal approves[personal profile] sinfulslasher on August 16th, 2015 06:34 pm (UTC)
Awesomesauce! :D
(Reply) (Parent) (Link)
[personal profile] ivorysilk on August 16th, 2015 08:57 pm (UTC)
I haven't been really active on LJ in over a year, nor have I written anything at all in longer than that time. But I am crazy, have received a few comments on old fic recently which has reminded me how much I love this fandom, and it took me on a binge reading spree, which took me to Gaby's journal, and I followed some links and TL:dr--

I think I can? If it's ok, please count me in!
(Reply) (Thread) (Link)
sinfulslasher: neal approves[personal profile] sinfulslasher on August 17th, 2015 08:27 pm (UTC)
Yay!!! This pleases me greatly! :D (Neal approves, too. *g*)

Welcome to the madness. :)
(Reply) (Parent) (Thread) (Link)
(no subject) - [personal profile] ivorysilk on August 20th, 2015 09:32 pm (UTC)
(no subject) - [personal profile] sinfulslasher on August 21st, 2015 07:49 am (UTC)
(no subject) - [identity profile] doctor-fangeek.livejournal.com on August 21st, 2015 06:40 am (UTC)
[identity profile] aragarna.livejournal.com on August 20th, 2015 08:14 pm (UTC)
Oh I haven't joined? Thought I had. Guess I only thought about doing it. Well, I'm in. :)
(Reply) (Thread) (Link)
sinfulslasher: white collar peter wants you[personal profile] sinfulslasher on August 21st, 2015 07:57 am (UTC)
Yay! Welcome abroad! :D
(Reply) (Parent) (Link)
[identity profile] doctor-fangeek.livejournal.com on August 21st, 2015 06:42 am (UTC)
I am probably sort of nuts for doing this, as our Fall semester starts the day before first author tag, but I guess I'll give it a go.
(Reply) (Thread) (Link)
sinfulslasher: neal approves[personal profile] sinfulslasher on August 21st, 2015 07:59 am (UTC)
We wholeheartedly approve of nutty behavior here. *g*

Welcome to the madness - glad you decided to join. :D
(Reply) (Parent) (Link)
ultra_fic: WC Neal hat[personal profile] ultra_fic on August 21st, 2015 06:12 pm (UTC)
I must be crazy! I'm on vacay now but this whole thing starts the very day I go back to work! lol

Oh well, sometimes you just gotta dive right in - sign me up :D

(Reply) (Thread) (Link)
sinfulslasher: neal animated hat flip[personal profile] sinfulslasher on August 21st, 2015 06:18 pm (UTC)
Awesomesauce! Welcome to the madness! *g*
(Reply) (Parent) (Link)
[identity profile] deej1957.livejournal.com on August 22nd, 2015 04:44 am (UTC)
Me, please.

(Reply) (Thread) (Link)
sinfulslasher: neal pillow fanfic is canon[personal profile] sinfulslasher on August 22nd, 2015 08:41 am (UTC)
Welcome abroad!
(Reply) (Parent) (Link)
[identity profile] halfshellvenus.livejournal.com on August 25th, 2015 04:06 pm (UTC)
Going to try this again, though it's been awhile, but I've had such fun with this over the years.

Is it possible to put up an "exclusion" window? For instance, I'll be driving my daughter to college Sept. 14-18, and will be mostly net-unavailable as well as unable to write!

Thanks for starting this comm up again. :D
(Reply) (Thread) (Link)
sinfulslasher: neal animated hat flip[personal profile] sinfulslasher on August 25th, 2015 04:44 pm (UTC)
Awesome! Welcome to the madness! :D

As for the exclusion window - the mods discussed this very thing before we officially started the comm and we decided against it as half the fun of this challenge is that it can be your big day any given day. ;)

However, you are participant no. 20 so chances are that you'll get tagged before the 14th anyway. :) And you can always pass a day if you do get tagged on a day that conflicts with RL. I'm sure everything will work out just fine.
(Reply) (Parent) (Link)
[identity profile] turtlebaby-02.livejournal.com on August 31st, 2015 06:17 pm (UTC)
I'll play, if I haven't missed the deadline!
(Reply) (Thread) (Link)
sinfulslasher: neal approves[personal profile] sinfulslasher on August 31st, 2015 06:33 pm (UTC)
Nope, you didn't miss the deadline - welcome to the madness! :D

Please make sure to join the comm before the first tag is posted tomorrow. Only members can participate. :)
(Reply) (Parent) (Thread) (Link)
(no subject) - [identity profile] turtlebaby-02.livejournal.com on September 1st, 2015 12:01 am (UTC)
(no subject) - [personal profile] sinfulslasher on September 1st, 2015 06:04 am (UTC)