01 January 2016 @ 12:00 pm





[livejournal.com profile] runthecon is open for business again!

If you would like to participate in the second round, please comment right here and you will be added to the list of writers.

Sign ups will close on January 31 whenever I go to sleep *g* (I'm in Europe, so closing time will probably be late afternoon Eastern Time). The first writer will be tagged on February 01.

Please keep in mind that the second round has a theme, namely New Beginnings. Everything else (characters, pairings or lack of same, genres, ratings, etc) is still completely at the writer's discretion. Still, the fill has to feature or at least hint at some kind of "new beginnings". A New Year's resolution? A birth? A first job? Satchmo finding his forever home? Mozzie deciding to no longer drink wine? Anything goes!



If you have any questions about how this writing challenge works and/or what the rules are, please have a look at our Rules & FAQ section.

If you want to signal boost the comm in your own journal, you can find the perfect banner for it right here.



Let's run the con!
 
 
( Post a new comment )
The Gauche in the Machine[personal profile] china_shop on January 1st, 2016 11:04 am (UTC)
Yayay! I'm in! :-)
(Reply) (Thread) (Link)
sinfulslasher: neal approves[personal profile] sinfulslasher on January 1st, 2016 11:51 am (UTC)
W00T! :D
(Reply) (Parent) (Link)
[identity profile] guineamania.livejournal.com on January 1st, 2016 11:05 am (UTC)
Sign me up please!
(Reply) (Thread) (Link)
sinfulslasher: neal approves[personal profile] sinfulslasher on January 1st, 2016 11:51 am (UTC)
You got it!
(Reply) (Parent) (Link)
vexed_wench[personal profile] vexed_wench on January 1st, 2016 11:11 am (UTC)
I am in for another round.
(Reply) (Thread) (Link)
sinfulslasher: neal approves[personal profile] sinfulslasher on January 1st, 2016 11:51 am (UTC)
Yay! \o/
(Reply) (Parent) (Link)
sinfulslasher: fanficwriter[personal profile] sinfulslasher on January 1st, 2016 11:51 am (UTC)
Of course I'm in too!
(Reply) (Thread) (Link)
sinfulslasher: quote earth revolves around me[personal profile] sinfulslasher on January 1st, 2016 11:52 am (UTC)
Why, thank you!
(Reply) (Parent) (Thread) (Link)
(no subject) - [personal profile] elrhiarhodan on January 1st, 2016 02:20 pm (UTC)
(no subject) - [personal profile] sinfulslasher on January 1st, 2016 02:44 pm (UTC)
(no subject) - [personal profile] elrhiarhodan on January 1st, 2016 02:45 pm (UTC)
[identity profile] sheenianni.livejournal.com on January 1st, 2016 12:13 pm (UTC)
Sign me up as well :)
(Reply) (Thread) (Link)
sinfulslasher: neal approves[personal profile] sinfulslasher on January 1st, 2016 12:37 pm (UTC)
You betcha!
(Reply) (Parent) (Link)
[identity profile] treonb.livejournal.com on January 1st, 2016 12:33 pm (UTC)
Sign me up too, please.
(Reply) (Thread) (Link)
sinfulslasher: neal approves[personal profile] sinfulslasher on January 1st, 2016 12:37 pm (UTC)
Absolutely! Welcome aboard. :)
(Reply) (Parent) (Link)
cookiegirl: Neal Peter shoulders[personal profile] cookiegirl on January 1st, 2016 12:33 pm (UTC)
Me please :D
Do we still get prompts as well as the theme? :)
(Reply) (Thread) (Link)
sinfulslasher: neal approves[personal profile] sinfulslasher on January 1st, 2016 12:40 pm (UTC)
Yay! *tacklehugs you*

And yes, there will still be prompts - which should be generic enough to give the author room to write a themed fic. If it makes things a wee bit more complicated...well, this is a challenge. *g*
(Reply) (Parent) (Link)
[identity profile] sandy79.livejournal.com on January 1st, 2016 01:10 pm (UTC)
count me in!
(Reply) (Thread) (Link)
sinfulslasher: neal approves[personal profile] sinfulslasher on January 1st, 2016 01:20 pm (UTC)
I totally will! :D
(Reply) (Parent) (Link)
elrhiarhodan[personal profile] elrhiarhodan on January 1st, 2016 02:20 pm (UTC)
I'm in, can't wait!
(Reply) (Thread) (Link)
sinfulslasher: neal approves[personal profile] sinfulslasher on January 1st, 2016 02:43 pm (UTC)
You'd better! *g*
(Reply) (Parent) (Thread) (Link)
(no subject) - [personal profile] elrhiarhodan on January 1st, 2016 07:09 pm (UTC)
(no subject) - [personal profile] sinfulslasher on January 1st, 2016 09:27 pm (UTC)
(no subject) - [personal profile] elrhiarhodan on January 1st, 2016 09:35 pm (UTC)
[personal profile] nywcgirl on January 1st, 2016 03:53 pm (UTC)
I also want to play, count me in please.
(Reply) (Thread) (Link)
sinfulslasher: neal approves[personal profile] sinfulslasher on January 1st, 2016 04:21 pm (UTC)
Absolutely! :)
(Reply) (Parent) (Link)
[identity profile] pipilj.livejournal.com on January 1st, 2016 04:05 pm (UTC)

i would like to signup as well

(Reply) (Thread) (Link)
sinfulslasher: neal approves[personal profile] sinfulslasher on January 1st, 2016 04:21 pm (UTC)
Welcome back! :D
(Reply) (Parent) (Link)
[identity profile] aragarna.livejournal.com on January 1st, 2016 05:16 pm (UTC)
February might be a little complicated but let's try. I'm in.
(Reply) (Thread) (Link)
sinfulslasher: neal approves[personal profile] sinfulslasher on January 1st, 2016 06:13 pm (UTC)
Freaking out in panic because RL gets in the way of fanfic writing is half the fun of this challenge! *g*
(Reply) (Parent) (Link)
theatregirl7299[personal profile] theatregirl7299 on January 1st, 2016 05:24 pm (UTC)
Me me me!!!! I wanna play!
(Reply) (Thread) (Link)
sinfulslasher: white collar neal + peter hug[personal profile] sinfulslasher on January 1st, 2016 06:14 pm (UTC)
YAAAY!!! *tacklehugs you* (gently, of course)
(Reply) (Parent) (Link)
[identity profile] deej1957.livejournal.com on January 1st, 2016 08:35 pm (UTC)
Me, please.
(Reply) (Thread) (Link)
sinfulslasher: neal approves[personal profile] sinfulslasher on January 1st, 2016 09:19 pm (UTC)
You got it! :)
(Reply) (Parent) (Link)
[identity profile] turtlebaby-02.livejournal.com on January 1st, 2016 09:36 pm (UTC)
I'll play again! :)
(Reply) (Thread) (Link)
sinfulslasher: neal approves[personal profile] sinfulslasher on January 2nd, 2016 04:46 pm (UTC)
Awesome!
(Reply) (Parent) (Link)
[identity profile] tjs-whatnot.livejournal.com on January 2nd, 2016 07:48 am (UTC)
Yay! Another round! I'm in!

(Reply) (Thread) (Link)
sinfulslasher: neal approves[personal profile] sinfulslasher on January 2nd, 2016 04:46 pm (UTC)
\o/
(Reply) (Parent) (Link)
ultra_fic: WC Neal hat[personal profile] ultra_fic on January 2nd, 2016 01:56 pm (UTC)
Yes! I am totally in :)
(Reply) (Thread) (Link)
sinfulslasher: neal approves[personal profile] sinfulslasher on January 2nd, 2016 04:47 pm (UTC)
Duly noted! :D
(Reply) (Parent) (Link)
[identity profile] hurinhouse.livejournal.com on January 4th, 2016 04:13 pm (UTC)
No minimum word count, right? I'm going to try it. Thanks!

(Can someone please tell me how to do those LJ ping things?)
(Reply) (Thread) (Link)
sinfulslasher: abby animated tech support[personal profile] sinfulslasher on January 10th, 2016 12:41 pm (UTC)
Apologies for the late response - welcome aboard! :)

Yes, there's no minimum word count, so even a li'l drabble is enough.

As for the pingback, have a look at the FAQ here: http://www.livejournal.com/support/faq/293.html
(Reply) (Parent) (Thread) (Link)
(no subject) - [identity profile] hurinhouse.livejournal.com on January 11th, 2016 01:21 am (UTC)
(no subject) - [personal profile] sinfulslasher on January 13th, 2016 12:28 pm (UTC)
sapphire2309: Sara[personal profile] sapphire2309 on January 5th, 2016 07:38 pm (UTC)
I'm in c:
(Reply) (Thread) (Link)
sinfulslasher: neal running[personal profile] sinfulslasher on January 10th, 2016 12:39 pm (UTC)
Apologies for the late response - welcome aboard! :)
(Reply) (Parent) (Link)
[identity profile] ashley5627.livejournal.com on January 23rd, 2016 06:01 pm (UTC)
Ooh, I'd very much like to join in the fun! Is it okay that I've never posted a story on this site, though? I've posted eight of them on FanFiction, but I haven't taken the time to cross-post. I hope that's alright because this sounds like buckets of fun!
(Reply) (Thread) (Link)
sinfulslasher: neal running[personal profile] sinfulslasher on January 23rd, 2016 09:38 pm (UTC)
You don't need to post your fic in this here comm (or on your personal journal) - it's fine if you want to post to a different website like AO3 of FF.net if that's what you prefer. :)

The only thing you do need to do is post the actual header of your fic with a link to it right here because that's the only way for us to keep track of things.

So, are you in? We'd love to have you be part of this madness. :D
(Reply) (Parent) (Thread) (Link)
(no subject) - [identity profile] ashley5627.livejournal.com on January 23rd, 2016 10:30 pm (UTC)
(no subject) - [personal profile] sinfulslasher on January 23rd, 2016 10:54 pm (UTC)
vexed_wench[personal profile] vexed_wench on January 23rd, 2016 11:36 pm (UTC)
YAY! I have been looking for this to open again. Sign me up please.
(Reply) (Thread) (Link)
sinfulslasher: spn sam sticks out tongue[personal profile] sinfulslasher on January 24th, 2016 12:19 pm (UTC)
Ah, but you're already signed up! :D
(Reply) (Parent) (Thread) (Link)
(no subject) - [personal profile] vexed_wench on January 24th, 2016 01:59 pm (UTC)
(no subject) - [personal profile] sinfulslasher on January 24th, 2016 08:17 pm (UTC)
(no subject) - [personal profile] vexed_wench on January 24th, 2016 11:16 pm (UTC)
(no subject) - [personal profile] sinfulslasher on January 25th, 2016 09:51 pm (UTC)
[identity profile] doctor-fangeek.livejournal.com on January 25th, 2016 02:06 am (UTC)
Man, I really want to play again, but February is a bad month for me (regular school stuff, plus I'm on a committee that will have most of its spring semester work then). :( Maybe next time.
(Reply) (Thread) (Link)
sinfulslasher: neal pout[personal profile] sinfulslasher on January 25th, 2016 09:37 pm (UTC)
*sadface*

I saw the notif of your comment and flailed, all happy-like, thinking you would sign up...

I do understand but that still doesn't mean I'm not having a sad!

Fear not, though. There will be more rounds in future! :D
(Reply) (Parent) (Thread) (Link)
(no subject) - [identity profile] doctor-fangeek.livejournal.com on January 25th, 2016 10:43 pm (UTC)
(no subject) - [personal profile] sinfulslasher on January 26th, 2016 07:38 am (UTC)
(no subject) - [identity profile] doctor-fangeek.livejournal.com on January 26th, 2016 10:57 pm (UTC)
(no subject) - [personal profile] sinfulslasher on January 27th, 2016 09:37 am (UTC)
(no subject) - [identity profile] doctor-fangeek.livejournal.com on January 27th, 2016 02:25 pm (UTC)
(no subject) - [personal profile] sinfulslasher on January 27th, 2016 09:08 pm (UTC)